2014 Scholarship Rules & Application
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF POSTMASTERS SCHOLARSHIP RULES
1. Applicants must be the child or grandchild of an active Postmaster or Postmaster Retired
Member of Georgia NAPUS to be eligible.
2. Applicant must be a high school senior, planning to attend an accredited college or
3. Two scholarships will be awarded as follows:
Active Postmasters – one (1) $1000.00 scholarship
Retired Postmasters – one (1) $1000.00 scholarship
4. Selection of winners is made on the basis of a GPA and no more than five extracurricular
activities sanctioned by the church, school or community. A limit of two sports and two clubs
will be considered. Selection will be made by the scholarship committee and will be approved
by the President.
5. A transcript from an accredited school showing the GPA must be attached to the NAPUS
application when submitted to the scholarship chairman for consideration.
6. Winners will be notified in April by the Secretary-Treasurer.
7. Winners and/or their sponsors are expected to attend the award ceremony that will take
place at the State Convention in June. Winners will be asked to give a short acceptance
speech. One (1) night’s room for the winner(s) and winner’s banquet meal will be paid by
Georgia NAPUS to offset expense of attending the banquet when the award is issued.
8. Actual funds will be mailed directly to the college in July.
9. If you wish confirmation that your application was received, please send your application
by certified mail or enclose a self-addressed postcard that will be returned to you.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION IS LAST DAY OF FEBRUARY 2014
GANAPUS Scholarship Donations
Please send comments and questions about this site to the
Please send comments and questions about this site to the webmaster.